Kannada Balaga UK is a registered charity (number 326572) and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on —–.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting the website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. If you have any queries regarding this Policy, please contact us as indicated above.
We collect information that personally identifies you and allows us to communicate solely with you. The information so collected includes your name, e-mail address or your phone number, if applicable.
KBUK has plans to expand its website and allow members to maintain a personal account and login details in the future. We will collect personal information when you register as a member such as your name, postal address, phone number, date of birth.
We do not usually collect “sensitive personal information” about you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as when you complete our membership form we may ask you to provide information (allergies, disabilities etc) so we can provide appropriate facilities for you. We will make it clear to you when collecting this information as to what we are collecting and why.
Use of your personal information
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way and is accurate and uptodate.
- Collected only for valid and relevant purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about and kept securely
We will only acquire personal information about you in limited circumstances such as when you apply to be a member or make a donation or when you wish to attend an event hosted by KBUK and you complete an application form either on line or in paper form. We will only retain personal information for the purpose of communicating with you as our member/attendee and for updating you relevant information about planned activities and events. We do not share any information about you with or sell to, any third parties.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To enable you to become a member and actively take part in our activities
- To process your donations or other payments and verify any financial transactions
- To provide services, activities and kannada kali classes
- To send out our newsletter or member communications
- To update you on administrative matters about donations, events or services or classes
- To keep a record of your relationship with members
Security of your personal information
We hold information about you and use it for the restrictive purposes referred to above and in compliance with the relevant law. Whilst KBUK is exempt from registering with the Information Commissioner’s Office, We operate in accordance with the guidelines of ICO. We have in place the appropriate security measures and procedures at KBUK aimed at protecting the information about you against loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. A limited number of people have access to the data and they are well trained to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Do We Provide Information To Other Parties?
We will never sell your data to any third party nor will we share your details with other entities for marketing purposes.
Sometimes, we may need to share your information with a small number of trusted partners (service providers, agents and affiliated companies) but only for the purposes outlined above (e.g. a supplier that processes donor forms or a supplier that processes payments securely). Where we use third parties, we require them to adhere to appropriate controls to protect personal information.
In certain cases, we may need to transfer certain data to other parts of our organisation or to third parties located outside of the European Economic Area and, in particular, in India.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. Essentially it takes the form of a small text file deposited on your computer’s hard drive.
You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
Data Protection (Rights of Access)
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated above. Changes to this Privacy Statement.